Southweest Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad
(Source: Family Recipe of BensBabe823)
8 ounces wagon wheel macaroni, uncooked
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (9 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
1 cup salsa
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
1 avocado, peeled, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1. In medium bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain cooked pasta; rinse with cold water until cool.
3. In large bowl, combine beans, corn, salsa, tomatoes and cilantro. Add cooked pasta and dressing to bean mixture; toss until well coated. Stir in half each of the cheese and tortilla chips.
4. Place salad on large serving platter or in large serving bowl.
5. Top with remaining half of cheese; garnish with remaining chips and avocado.